Saturday, May 5, 2012

Almost unreal yet, its too soon to feel yet,

I think this is a good pattern, one blog post every other day. Its easy to remember, it means I'm never posting nothing, and it gives me an excuse to sit on the couch for at least an hour on the days that I run.

Which I did today. Go me.

Speaking of running, here is the view I watched as I hopped like a pathetic bunny to the cheerful techno.
Welcome to God's Country. 

So, filling everyone in. 

After I posted last, Sarah and I took a girls only trip into town to hang out and explore the shops. Duncan is a very unique town, a wonderful eclectic mix of artsy, down to earth, high end, thrift, big box and mom and pop. There's nothing you can't find here. It was too cloudy to take any decent pictures, so that will have to wait, but Sarah and I both found stores to love. Afterward we picked up Michael and brought him into town for a meeting with Alex the Realtor. We have some sad news- the building in Shawnigan Lake was bought the day we viewed it, so thats a very big sad for us. But, Alex the realtor found another building for us that is actually a proper theatre which might work. Fingers crossed. We bought more groceries, and things to eat from M & M meat shops, and cat food, and an awesome barbeque and generally acquainted ourselves with town. I fell asleep on the couch while Michael and Cam introduced Sarah to the joys of "Ghostbusters". 

Friday, everything arrived. Including the barbeque. 






Behold, the lives of four people and a theatre company in one room.

Not much got broken- one glass picture frame, the handle off my hope chest, some odds and ends. We did pretty well all things considered. I ran another Wal-marty errand to get a bath mate, some shower curtains, a pair of decent shoes for running, and STEAK. Thats right baby, steak dinner on the barbie!!



Sarah did the steaks, I did the veggies, Michael and Cam cleaned up. Emma was too tired. 

So everything is now here, and we are slowly but surely unpacking everything. It's kinda awesome unpacking a house, its like Christmas with no surprises. 

Today I was up at 8, done with my run by 8:40, took a shower, made pancakes and scrambled eggs, then went out garage saleing with Michael and Sarah where we picked up a few necessities. Like a medicine cabinet for the upstairs bathroom. I'll have to sand and repaint it, but it'll serve our needs well. Then we had leftover lunch, so basically a smorgasboard of everything in the fridge (mine consisted of steak, half a pasta shell, a pizza crust, and two pancakes with raspberry jam). Now we are all having a relax while I steal Michael's computer for blogging, and I prepare to go out and bamf some more. Sigh. 

Ms. Sarah continues her preparations for COLT, which is this awesome outdoor leadership programmy thing which will make her more awesome and difficult to kill by leaving out of doors. This is of great excitement, and we all wish her luck! 

Photos of a pseudo finished living room hopefully coming tomorrow. 



1 comment:

  1. I always have a terrible time finding bath mates at walmart. Did you find anyone acceptable?

    ReplyDelete