Thursday, June 28, 2012

Now begins the changin, mental re-arrangin, nothin's really where its at-

In the car, a few days ago.

M: So eventually, we're going to need a truck.

L: (as we pass one thats for sale) Oooh, how about that one?

C: Thats an ugly truck.

(a few moments of silence)

L: When we get a truck, can I make it pretty?

The Rest of the Car: What?!

L: Not like, girly pretty, man pretty. Masculine prettiness.

C: I would love to see that. Seriously, explain man pretty to me Leigh. What would that look like?

M: Fairies with flame throwers!

S: Gnomes with knives!

L: Deadly doilies.

C: Poisinous plastic flowers!

M: Bobble head bombs!

S: I want this truck.




So whats new here?

Well, first things first, I got the job at Starbucks, and I love it! Also, the house is full of smoke because Michael is trying his hand at making dimsum and tempura. I am excited for the outcome, yet full of trepidation.

You know what else is new?

THE AWESOME PAINT JOB IN THE BEDROOM!


Unfortunately, the lighting in the room makes the colors a lot more saturated than they are. It actually turned out pretty cool, with lots of layered reds and oranges and yellows. It isn't done yet- I have a canopy that I'm putting over it on Sunday when I have some time (yay Canada day!). How long did this take? 13 hours of painting, with a midday break for ice cream with Cam. 

Which does mean that I didn't get the office done before my day off was over, but I'm certainly ok with taking my time on that. Its pretty early days these days for me at the Starbucks. 

But, there are happy preparations in the works- my family is coming to visit! I'm working on finding awesome things for us to do like ziplining, kayaking, beachgoing, etc. So, I have about two weeks to get the rest of the house in as much order as I can before they arrive. Don't expect too much mom and dad!

Lessee.....not much luck with jobs for everyone else yet, but still hopeful since Cam's interview. Meanwhile, spirits are high, we have a really good routine down for things, and no house we've lived in has ever been so consistently clean. The clothes line gets constant use, and I am gleefully tearing down the wallpaper in the entryway. It started as an accident- I slipped, tried to catch myself on the wall, and the wallpaper tore instead of stopping my fall, sadly. But, that just means another space to paint! 

Can I admit here that I've really developed a love for making rooms look awesome? Well, what I consider to be awesome I'll admit, but everyone seems to really like the bedroom and the music room and the stone wall. I feel like I'm forgetting something....

ah, yes, the hobbit hole. Can't make any headway there until I can save up some money for a good sized carpet remnant or two. Hopefully soon, I'd love to be able to start sewing again.

Now, for your pleasure, some awesome. 


Someone I met with fantastic finger nails. 


"Dis our hoomin. Go 'way."

"Come upstairs. Ah Dares You."












1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete